Nice to Meet You
2 Corinthians 5:20 – We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
Last weekend while in Miami, Mieke and I were fortunate enough to visit Vous Church and hear from Carl Lentz. So for today’s devotional I thought I would share with you what he said, as it encouraged me and I believe it will encourage you. If you want to listen to the full thing then you can find it here.
The essence of his preach was about being ambassadors of God; if you’re a Christian, you’re Gods commercial. Here’s some of his God Chat lines:
- People talk about what they love – what are you talking about?
- I want to be the type of person that didn’t mean to impact you, but I do anyway.
- Many people won’t read a bible, but they will read your life
- Shift your focus
- Live a life thats not about getting but giving – church isn’t about what am I getting but who can I encourage.
- Most of Christianity is lived in the valley and not on the mountain top. We need to be ambassadors regardless of our week or whichever season we’re in.
- Pray to protect your spirit through the seasons.
2. Settle the frantic discontentment in your soul
- When your plans fall through God is working on you.
- I don’t need the ideal season, I have the ideal saviour.
- Whatever you’re believing for right now, be content.
3. Set the tone, don’t look back
- We need more priorities, less probablies.
- Be prepared to stand strong – do not leave the game early.
The line about people not reading a bible, but reading your life is so true. If we want to see our friends and family come into a relationship with Jesus then we need to make it look attractive through our own lives. Just like the verse says, we’re here to help others reconcile their relationship with God, so let’s live a life of faith where we stand firm on the promises of God.